none
How do I find the default style definition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have done a lot of work with word 2003 XML format and now wishing to move to word 2007, but I'm having trouble understanding how to find default style information.

As an example, say I fire up Word 2007 and create a new "blank document", type a sentence and save it. I can see in Word that it is formatted in Calibri 11 point.

Now I look at the XML in the document, and I just see a w:p tag with no w:pPr

So now let's say I make the mental leap to assume that a paragraph with no specifically allocated style is "Normal", I look at the style definition for Normal and find that it does not contain any font or size information.

can someone explain whereabouts in the XML I can look to determine that this paragraph is actually in calibri 11 point?

or even better, whereabouts in the ECMA-376 documentation this is explained.

many thanks in advance

Andy
    Monday, October 25, 2010 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please have a look at : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb735940%28office.12%29.aspx

Look for :

=========================

Style Part, Styles, and Formatting

A style part defines a specific set of values for formatting properties that you can apply as a single logical unit. For example, the Normal style in Word 2007 defines these formatting properties:

• Font = Calibri (body)
    • Font Size = 11 point
    • Font Language = Word default (as configured by user)
    • Justification = Left
    • Line Spacing = Single
    • Widow/Orphan control

====

Thanks
    Ankush

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Ankush Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Ankush_Bhatia Monday, November 15, 2010 1:19 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 1:18 PM