Using ADAL RRS feed

• Question

• Guys, can you please help me to understand that new security concept with apps and access to SharePoint and Exchange.

So, let's say I have a trust between Facebook and my application. I am creating an app in Facebook and obtaining client id. Now I can authenticate any users who has a Facebook account to my site. 

Now, let's say I have a SharePoint app which needs access to calendar. I am registering my new app in windows azure, but this app is linked only to my subscription right? So I can access calendar data from nick.sharepoint.com, but users from bob.sharepoint.com can't access their calendar? 

Do I only allowed to create an app which will only access my sharepoint and my exchange?

and more general question: Am I able to create a provider hosted sharepoint app, which could be published to Store, to work with Calendar, Mail and Sharepoint?

Thanks

Nick 

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

Thank you for your detailed information.

I understand you want create the app and then publish this app to the store, you want the users install this app can access Exchange. Based on my experience, this is not possible as the users who only install the app may didn't have permission to access Exchange. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dats Luo 
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer?on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer?if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:56 AM
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best regards

Dennis Guo
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:35 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Thank you for your patience.

I have concern about access calendar data from nick.sharepoint.com. Please let me know more about bob.sharepoint.com and if the users from bob.sharepoint.com can't access their own calendar.

Best Regards,

Dats Luo 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer?on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer?if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:08 AM
  • Hi Dats!

bob.sharepoint.com and nick.sahrepoint.com two sample sites. I was watching and reading a lot about new security model for sharepoint, exchange and calendar. According to that model now I am able to register an app in Azure AD, and this app will be able access the sharepoint site and exchange which linked to my Azure AD. 

Now, let's say I want to create a simple provider hosted app for sharepoint. I want this app to be able to access user's Calendar. I want to publish that app to the store. And If some users install this app on their nick.sahrepoint.com site, I want them to access exchange with associated with their office 365 subscription. And users who install that app to the bob.sharepoint.com site, will be able to access exchange accordingly.

I am not asking to explain me how to build the app, I just want to know is it possible or not.

Thanks

Nick

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 11:24 AM
  • Hi Nick,

Thank you for your detailed information.

I understand you want create the app and then publish this app to the store, you want the users install this app can access Exchange. Based on my experience, this is not possible as the users who only install the app may didn't have permission to access Exchange. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dats Luo 

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:56 AM
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:08 AM