Error 1609 while installing CSF v3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am  try to install CSF 3.0 on a windows server 2003 workstation and I have following problem

Error 1609.An error occurred while applying security settings. Power Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install.

What is problem?

Thanks

mta38

Monday, October 29, 2007 3:15 PM

Answers

• Is your version of Windows non-English perhaps? It could mean that the Power Users group is localized.
    Are you working on a domain/active directory?
    Open Computer Management and check that the group "Power Users" exists under the groups. If not, have you renamed it? Possibly try creating a local security group called "Power Users" and try the installation again.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:44 PM

All replies

• Is your version of Windows non-English perhaps? It could mean that the Power Users group is localized.
    Are you working on a domain/active directory?
    Open Computer Management and check that the group "Power Users" exists under the groups. If not, have you renamed it? Possibly try creating a local security group called "Power Users" and try the installation again.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:44 PM
  • Where I work, client who want to access the internet need to install a VPN client, with some non-english machines that error appears. For xp pro have to goto computer management, local groups and users select group and change the name of native language to english users.

Then have to create a profile called user, after running the application again a new error with the word INTERACTIVE appears, then another new profile called interactive, run the application and it installs, then am able to delete the old profiles and change back user to native language.
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 3:40 AM