OAuth token permission error: Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource RRS feed

• Question

• I use

TokenHelper.GetAuthorizationUrl(sharePointRoot, "Web.Write", redirectURL)

and get the access token that ask for access permissions on the fly in SharePoint 2013.  The app uses access token to create a context, then it writes to a document library and browses the subsites of this web.  However, I get the "Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource" error. 

Is there a way to be able to access all the sites, subsites, list in a site collection?  I tried using "Site.Write" for the scope parameter in the code listed above, but only administrators are allowed to trust the app, other users has the following prompt and is unable to trust the app. 

Is it possible for a non-administrator to write to all lists in a site collection using oauth access token?

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to the SharePoint, I'd like to move it to Developing Apps for SharePoint 2013 forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:12 AM