none
Compare data from two Cubes

Question

• Hello , 

How to compare two cubes data . 

We have to cubes on in On-Premises and other is on Cloud with Same data for around 20 measure groups .

So what is the possible way to compare the data of two cubes . for each measure group and dimension 

Regards, 

Sanjeevan 

blog:My Blog/

Hope this will help you !!!
    Sanjeewan

Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• H Sanjeewan,

You could use redgate or BISM3 for the same.

Please find the similar link here

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/5855e33d-232b-4452-ac91-c230a33a6349/comparing-data-in-dev-and-prod-cubes?forum=sqlanalysisservices

Or else the other workaround is to write MDX and create a framework out of it or use excel.

HTH,

Ram

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps

Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:28 AM
  • Thanks Rama , 

How we can create Framework ca you please explain bit more . 

Regards, 

Sanjeevan 

Sanjeewan

Friday, May 18, 2018 5:56 AM
  • Hi Sanjeewan,

Thanks for your question.

In this scenario, a simple way is to script out the entire SSAS database into XMLA, then use any file comparison tool to compare those two files that having XMLA scripts of the two SSAS databases.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hello Yuan

Thanks for your reply . 

We just want to compare the results of MDX quaries between two environments 

Regards, 

Sanjeevan

Sanjeewan

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:39 AM
  • You can also use this method

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2007/12/10/comparing-mdx-query-results-with-tablediff/

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hi Sanjeevan,

Thanks for your response.

>>>We just want to compare the results of MDX quaries between two environments In this scenario, you can try to use Power BI desktop or EXCEL Power Pivot Model. Importing two tables from these Two cubes by writing two MDX queries, creating relationships and measures for this two tables , then you will be able to compare the results of these Two MDX queries.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Monday, May 21, 2018 11:52 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 8:47 AM