Task Lists assigning to wrong person automatically RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using task lists to assign work in our IT department.  Users are using a task list created on their mysite for their supervisor to connect to Outlook and create tasks for them from Outlook so that the tasks with sync back to Sharepoint to be seen in the task list.  For some reason the tasks created in Outlook are automatically assigning to one particular user instead of the person the list belongs to or no one at all.  Any insight into how to fix this would be appreciated.  Thanks.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, May 21, 2010 5:21 PM Tasks = usually Workflow forum; MySite = always Social Computing forum; admin questions to Setup/Admin forum. Of the three going for that. (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, May 21, 2010 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi mtrosper,

Did the supervisor connect all users’ task lists into his/her Outlook?

Please ask the supervisor to check whether he/she input the right person when he/her create tasks for them.

Based on my test, when I connect all users’ task lists into one Outlook account, then I create tasks in these task lists and assign them to different users. When SharePoint sync them back, these tasks are assigned to the right people.

You can try to use a SharePoint site instead of mysite, then create a task list, check the effect.

For more information about create tasks on a SharePoint site by using Outlook, please refer to the following article:

View and create tasks on a SharePoint site by using Outlook

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA100820301033.aspx

Hope this helps.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    Monday, May 24, 2010 9:39 AM