How can i change fonts?

Question

• Hey guys, i'm a WebDesign and i loving the new Windows 8, i'm having some problems with him, the fonts: I can change the font? I search in the same local than Win 7, but they not there.

Thank you guys!

Monday, September 19, 2011 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Sergio, thanks for you Answer.

I'm installing normaly the fonts, but i'm want change the Windows font, by exemple: The font being used is in the explorer is Microsoft Sans Serif, but now i want ubuntu font, you understand me?

Thank you !

Ok, I understand, but that feature is not enabled in Windows Developer Preview.

All that settings are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Windows Metrics but, Fonts, for example are binary values, (e.g. Active Title Bar font is CaptionFon binary value), so is a little difficult to make a change.

A right way could be make all changes you want on Windows 7, export the registry key and import it into Windows 8, after that, restart your system and see how many changes were made.

Regards,

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Bruno,

How are you installing the fonts?

I have just installed one and It works fine, just double clicking and Install button.

Monday, September 19, 2011 6:40 PM

I'm installing normaly the fonts, but i'm want change the Windows font, by exemple: The font being used is in the explorer is Microsoft Sans Serif, but now i want ubuntu font, you understand me?

Thank you !

Monday, September 19, 2011 6:50 PM

Thank you !

Ok, I understand, but that feature is not enabled in Windows Developer Preview.

All that settings are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Windows Metrics but, Fonts, for example are binary values, (e.g. Active Title Bar font is CaptionFon binary value), so is a little difficult to make a change.

A right way could be make all changes you want on Windows 7, export the registry key and import it into Windows 8, after that, restart your system and see how many changes were made.

Regards,

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Ok my friend, i'm gonna try that.

Thanks!

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:56 PM