none
Error: Invalid character in data element RRS feed

• Question

• I have checked the 50,000 times people have answered this question before and none of those solutions have helped.  When trying to send a document through an EDI send port, I am receiving the following error:

Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline.
    Details: Error: 1 (Field level error)
                SegmentID: IT1
                Position in TS: 7
                Data Element ID: IT104
                Position in Segment: 4
                Data Value: 21.90
                6: Invalid character in data element

My assumption is that it is complaining about the trailing zero.  I corrected the agreement configuration under the Transaction Set Settings -> Validation error to have Perform EDI Data Type Validation checked and also Allow leading and trailing zeroes and spaces.  After making the change, I did a full stop on the application and also restarted the host instance.  I have tried several variations of this configuration and multiple restarts of the host instance, but all to no avail.

Is my assumption correct?  The trailing zero seems to work just fine for all of my other trading partners, but for the life of me, I cannot remember if there was anything else that I did differently.  I viewed the underlying schema, and it is merely mapped to a string with MIN 1, MAX 17 (X12_R).  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-- Jay Soares
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi.

It could be that there is no need to write the decimal point because it is already implied to be at two decimal places  (2190 instead 21.90). It can also be that you need to write more or less digits after the decimal point. In any case please check with the X12 standard.

Regards.

C#/BizTalk 2010 Developer
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:30 PM

All replies

• Hi.

It could be that there is no need to write the decimal point because it is already implied to be at two decimal places  (2190 instead 21.90). It can also be that you need to write more or less digits after the decimal point. In any case please check with the X12 standard.

Regards.

C#/BizTalk 2010 Developer
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:30 PM
  • Hi Jay,

Please check the string that is being passed to x12 xml is not having a spaces as we cannot see either in the xml file or in the eventlog.

Thanks... SPN
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 10:28 AM