Master Data Services 2016-Excel Addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Could anyone of you  let me know the version of Microsoft Office that is supported with Excel add-in of MDS 2016. Reason being asking this question is, I am trying to use Office 2010 with excel add-in but the change set option is not showing up. I searched in Microsoft site but it is not mentioned anywhere regarding office version supported.

Please help!!

Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi !

The latest version of the Excel add-in for MDS 2016  works successfully on Excel 2010, Excel 2013. The old version of the plugin you need to uninstall.

from Moscow with money

Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:37 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any old version add-in. I want to confirm about  the Microsoft office version because with the combination of Microsoft Office 2010(32 Bit) and Excel Add-in of MDS 2016(32 Bit) change set functionality does not work for me. Does it work for you?

Thanks

GS

Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Hi Gaurav,

Double check following points, after you apply those steps the issue will still exist then please describe it in more details what exactly doesn't work.

1. Check bit level of your excel with following guide

2. Go to Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 Master Data Services Add-in For Microsoft® Excel®

3. Click Download and select either amd64 or x86 respectively for 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Excel 

4. Follow install instructions on main page

Note: Based on your system setup you may need to install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime first 

5. After successful completion, open Excel and a new Master Data tab is displayed in the ribbon

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:56 AM