Integration Of Microsoft Reports in Lightswitch html client VS2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is it possible to integrate Microsoft  Reports in LightSwitch Html Client VS2013?

If it is Possible please help me to do this ..

Thanks in Advance.......

Thursday, November 28, 2013 6:24 AM

All replies

• You mean Microsoft SQL Reports?
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:49 AM
  • Yes.
    Friday, November 29, 2013 5:21 AM
  • I don't see any problems with it. 

1) To build a report you need to have a datasource. It could be SQL DataBase/DataFeed/XML Web service and other options supported by Report Builder. Working with Lightswitch you have different options how to handle your data. You can create entities in Lightswitch app and after consume them from your report by using OData services which Lightswitch will generate for you.

2) The standard option here will be adding to your lightswitch app a new DataSource - SQL DB. Also you build your report based on the same Db. After just open Report Viewer page in iframe or in the new page passing IDs to generate your report in URL string.

It is not really about Lightswitch. If you have experience in integration MS Reports into .net applications you wont have any difficulties with Lightswitch. Even easy Lightswitch will handle all "data" work for you. 

Let me know if you need more help, I probably can create a simple app for you.

Regards,

Nick

Sunday, December 1, 2013 11:58 PM