none
Using ToolTips RRS feed

• Question

• I need help using a Tool Tip

I have been looking all over, it seems very confusing.

I tried using it like this.

Dim ToolTip1 As ToolTip
        Private Sub Input_Label_MouseHover(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Input_Label.MouseHover
            ToolTip1.Show("Tool Tip for Input_Label", Input_Label)
        End Sub

It gives me an error.  Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please Help

Monday, September 4, 2017 10:58 AM

Answers

• You need to "new up" the ToolTip e.g.

Dim ToolTip1 As New ToolTip

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, September 4, 2017 11:01 AM

All replies

• You need to "new up" the ToolTip e.g.

Dim ToolTip1 As New ToolTip

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, September 4, 2017 11:01 AM
  • Oops. Thanks
    Monday, September 4, 2017 11:06 AM