none
Accessing windows application through WCF service under IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a system where user interacts with WCF Service hosted in IIS server. The WCF application then have to fire-up winform application along with some parameters. This winform application do some processing and then load a application(software) installed in the server. This application will create some output documents and put it in the share-able folder where user has a access to.

It is working fine in development environment i.e. output was being created but when I deployed it in IIS, it started throwing errors. I tried loading the WinForm using two methods:

1. Winform is loaded creating a instance of WinForm from WCF host
    2. Instance of WinForm is loaded (.EXE) using System.Process.Start()

Both operation failed and throws "System.UnauthorizedAccessException". How to achieve this using IIS?

Saugat K.C.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:44 AM

Answers

• Both operation failed and throws "System.UnauthorizedAccessException". How to achieve this using IIS?

This error is something wrong with the permission, check the permission in the IIS.

When a user tries to connect to your Web site which hosting the wcf services, IIS assigns the connection to the IUSER_ComputerName account, where ComputerName is the name of the server on which IIS is running. By default, the IUSER_ComputerName account is a member of the Guests group. This group has security restrictions. Try to grand access to IUSER_ComputerName to that folder

Here is very good described answer about IIS security.

I sale myself ONLY half CNY!

Friday, April 24, 2015 5:28 AM