none
DB backup (oracle) from a MVC web Appl which calls a windows service RRS feed

• Question

• I want to build a DB backup tool via windows service using TopShelf. 

Parameters (like DB name, server, port etc) would be passed from web UI. The windows service should pick up those selected values and generate a dynamic command line script. The script (which contains info about the connection strings) would then hit the oracle db and fetch the database dump (.dmp file).

Going with this approach as I do not have adequate DB permission to run the script there. Therefore using this approach. 

Below under double quotes would be the actual script which if we run via command prompt explicitly fetches the backup

"exp My_Database /password@PROD

file="D:\mySpace\output\oracleexport\My_Database.prd.031520171000" log="D:\mySpace\output\oracleexport\My_Database.prd.031520171000" owner=My_Database"

Any help is highly appreciated!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:17 AM

All replies

• Is this an Outlook related question?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Hi Wanderlust007,

from the description of the thread it looks like your issue is related with MVC Application.

this forum only handles the issue regarding Outlook object model.

so I think you posted the issue in incorrect forum.

As we are not familiar with your issue, we are not able to move this thread directly to best suitable forum. 

please try to find the suitable forum from the link below.

MSDN MVC Forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:06 AM