Enter Data Manually question RRS feed

• Question

• Apologies in advance for the potential dumbness of this question, but going through the first lab assignment, in the training predictive model section, I'm trying to add data to the Enter Data Manually module by presuimably copying the CSV formatted data in the notepad provided but when I try to paste into the data field of the Properties section - I can't seem to find the paste section. All other commands and prompts seem work intuitively and as expected in azure (chrome browser). 

Also couldn't find anything on the support site. 

I just can't imagine Enter Data Manually means literally one at time. 

Perhaps I'm wrong. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks for your attention.

Friday, December 7, 2018 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

there is no such a Paste option or section, try just doing copy and paste using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V as usual, it works.

Remember to keep checked the HasHeader option if the data you're pasting include the names of each column in the first row. And choose the correct data format, CSV for comma separated data and TSV for tab separator.

Good luck,

Ariel

Saturday, December 8, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Thank you Ariel - the secret was in using the C commands vs the mouse/track pad. You have been a great help!
    Best, FLR 

• Marked as answer by FL Rota Saturday, December 8, 2018 8:55 PM
    Saturday, December 8, 2018 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there is no such a Paste option or section, try just doing copy and paste using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V as usual, it works.

Remember to keep checked the HasHeader option if the data you're pasting include the names of each column in the first row. And choose the correct data format, CSV for comma separated data and TSV for tab separator.

Good luck,

Ariel

Saturday, December 8, 2018 7:20 PM
  • Thank you Ariel - the secret was in using the C commands vs the mouse/track pad. You have been a great help!
    Best, FLR 

• Marked as answer by FL Rota Saturday, December 8, 2018 8:55 PM
    Saturday, December 8, 2018 8:55 PM
  • Great!

if it was helpful I suggest you should mark my post as answer, it could be useful for future users ;)

Best,

Ariel

Sunday, December 9, 2018 12:30 PM