none
Bluetooth Device not Visible / Tools for Bluetooth LE? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm developing a Bluetooth Device (SWD Adapter, based on nrf52). I want to provide support for Windows 10 (and maybe 8.1). I've bought an Intel NUC (NUC7i3BNH) which claims support for Bluetooth 4.2. I've installed Windows 10 (OS Build 15063.608). I see advertisements from the NUC (with a BLE Sniffer) and I even can start to pair the NUC from my Mac. So, it looks like the Bluetooth LE hardware is up and running.

When I try to pair either my device, or any other device at hand, and I try to "Add a Bluetooth Device" > "Add Bluetooth or other device" > "Bluetooth Mice, keyboards, pens or other kinds of Bluetooth deivce" ( "Add a Bluetooth Device" > "Add Bluetooth or other device" > "Enything else DLNA, DIAL, POS and more", I simply see not device and I can't see any scan requests comming from the NUC.

Any idea, how to analyze this Problem? Are there any restrictions on the devices that are supported by Windows 10? Are there any tools that could help me to find the cause of the problem? Is it possible to log the HCI traffic between OS and BLE Hardware?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Torsten

Saturday, September 23, 2017 12:38 PM

All replies

• Some addition information: I use the NUC over Microsoft Remote Desktop to not have the need for a second monitor, mouse and keyboard on my desktop (and because the little beast is quite loud ;-). Unfortunately, I've switched of the Wifi of the NUC and had to connect a monitor and a keyboard to the NUC to fix this.

And now, when I have a monitor and a keyboard connected to the NUC, the "Add a device" Dialog works as expected. It show some animation and list all my devices.

Is this intended behavior? If so, is there a way to have to "enable" the complete Bluetooth stack, even when working on the machine remotely?

Kind reagards,

Torsten

Monday, September 25, 2017 1:46 PM
  • I found a workaround:

I moved the NUC to my desktop, connected a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse to it. Then I installed TeamViewer on the NUC and started TeamViewer on NUC. Then I connected the NUC via TeamViewer from my MacBook, disconnected the Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard from the NUC and put the NUC back into it's place. (Off cause, this works only with a power cord that is long enough).

Kind regards,

Torsten

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Maybe some administrator can move this thread to a RDP related group? Using TeamViewer works somehow, but the screen resolutions would be better, if I could use RDP.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Torsten

Monday, October 9, 2017 9:46 PM
  • Sorry, but the workaround, that I've found is not a solution. Even, when it is a feature that no Bluetooth devices are found, when searching for them, when logged into an account via RDP. There should be either a clear message to the user, that bluetooth is disabled, because the user is logged in via RDP. Or bluetooth should just work.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:25 AM