How do I remove a package downloaded by mistake? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi and thanks for your help.  I have already gone to the Add/Remove and it isn't listed.  I also checked the Windows components and couldn't find it there either.

I downloaded: Microsoft Visual J #.NET Redistributable Package 1.1 and my computer doesn't have enough memory to allow me to open my e-mail.  I have done everything I know to do to increase my memory, but it hasn't worked.  I know I need more memory anyway since I only have 256 MB of physical memory, but I haven't really needed more until now.

I went in and did a Restore System today and I think my e-mail is now working.  Thanks again.

Saturday, January 7, 2006 4:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please dont go to win. components, just go to add/remove programs and remove them in following order.

1. Microsoft Visual J #.NET Redistributable Package 1.1

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Thanks,

Varun

Sunday, January 8, 2006 1:18 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Do you see 'Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1' in add/remove programs?

Do you see any application in add/remove program that contains 'Microsoft .NET Framework' or Visual Studio or J# redistributable as part of full application name.

Thanks,

Varun

Saturday, January 7, 2006 2:34 PM
  • Hi Varun, yes I have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and Microsoft Visual J #.NET Redistributable Package 1.1 in my add/remove program.  However, neither can be removed by the add/remove or by the windows components, at least I can't find them listed in win. components.
    Saturday, January 7, 2006 9:09 PM
  • Hi,

Please dont go to win. components, just go to add/remove programs and remove them in following order.

1. Microsoft Visual J #.NET Redistributable Package 1.1

2. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Thanks,

Varun

Sunday, January 8, 2006 1:18 PM
  • Hi Varun, I Cannot remove Microsoft Visual J #.NET Redistributable Package 1.1 because when I select it, there is no Change/Remove shown.  It doesn't show anything except "used" and "rarely."  I am sorry, but I have already removed Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1, it did have a Change/Remove selection.  Perhaps that will disable the Visual J #NET 1.1?

Thanks,

Shirley

Monday, January 9, 2006 1:53 AM
  • Hi Varun, I'm back again to say that I see why you said to remove them in the following order.  I read you instructions but since I couldn't remove Visual J, I went ahead and removed NET Framework.  When I went back later I got the following messages:

HPIZ423- Internal Error 2908- {ECF8B151-36E3-4AA7-ABA3-E8A1BB85B4DB}

HPIZ423-Internal Error 2908- {IF2EFF69-3BBE-4484-B545-2EB3587768E} etc., etc, etc.

I had to go back and use System Restore.  What can I do to remove that program when there is no way to select it from Add/Remove?  Thanks.

Monday, January 9, 2006 4:52 AM
  • Hi

It is very simple, execute j# program, again.
    and you can easily find the remove content button in the program.

Have a nice day!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:45 AM