Problems With Video Playback RRS feed

• Question

• On all video objects associated with Silverlight the sound is out of sync with the video and all the speakers sound like Max Headroom (stuttering and skipping).  This is true of the tutorial videos too.  Thoughts? 

Monday, September 15, 2008 11:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Devcybiko,

This is true of the tutorial videos too.  Thoughts? 

Do you mean that the sound of the tutorial videos like "Max Headroom" too?  If yes, how about the videos playing on Windows Media Player?  Is it ok?

If not, please check your sound settings and your local environments including your headphone.  You can test it on other machines .  Please let me know the results.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:58 AM

All replies

• The performance of video playback highly rely on your bandwidth and performance of your machine. I think it is not the problem of silverlight but the encoding and streaming.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:35 AM
  • even local media have this problem. can anyone shed more light on this problem? do i need codecs? if so, where do i get them?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:15 PM
  • The codec that supported by Silverlight is WMV only. But if you are streaming some high definition video, probably may spend much CPU resources. I suggest you can put your video in Silverlight Streaming Service http://silverlight.live.com/, which is free for 5GB. That's may reduce a lot of troubles.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 12:11 AM
  • Hi Devcybiko,

This is true of the tutorial videos too.  Thoughts? 

Do you mean that the sound of the tutorial videos like "Max Headroom" too?  If yes, how about the videos playing on Windows Media Player?  Is it ok?

If not, please check your sound settings and your local environments including your headphone.  You can test it on other machines .  Please let me know the results.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:58 AM