Adding strikethrough format to TFS RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i wish to add a strikethrough format option to my altered description textbox in a user story.

i have modified the textbox to be a Type: Html to be able to turn on the formatting functions.

Though we would like to record delta's etc and therefore instead of deleting text we would like to strikethrough text to show our dev's what has been cut out

Currently if i move the text to word, perform the strikethrough and paste it back, it all works fine, but would like to do this without having to add this MS word step into the process

any assistance would be apprecicated

thanks

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Pamam,

Thanks for posting the issue here!

In TFS 2010, if you create a field with "Html" type and set the control type as "Htmlfieldcontrol", the html toolbar will be displayed in the field which you created. There are only such as Bold italic underline format etc, not includes strikethrough format.

In TFS 2008, you can use  VS html toolbar, right click on the menu in VS and select Formating, then the html toolbar will be displayed. There is also an option Microsoft Office Word, but still includes strikethrough format.

So, based on my understanding, you need to move the text to word, perform the strikethrough and paste it back.

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Pamam Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Pamam,

Thanks for posting the issue here!

In TFS 2010, if you create a field with "Html" type and set the control type as "Htmlfieldcontrol", the html toolbar will be displayed in the field which you created. There are only such as Bold italic underline format etc, not includes strikethrough format.

In TFS 2008, you can use  VS html toolbar, right click on the menu in VS and select Formating, then the html toolbar will be displayed. There is also an option Microsoft Office Word, but still includes strikethrough format.

So, based on my understanding, you need to move the text to word, perform the strikethrough and paste it back.

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Pamam Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:12 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:34 AM
  • thanks Cathy

looks like im stuck then to find another solution

thanks

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:12 PM
  • It would be great if strikeout existed in the default template out of the box, Even in 2012 TFS it is not there. 
    Monday, June 16, 2014 3:58 AM