Installing Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate on Windows Server 2012 R2 in Azure. But I don't see an image of Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate. Is there any option that I need to set to see all the images? Should I have a MSDN subscription to see all the images?

• Moved by Charles-Li Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Visual Studio 2013 image is an exclusive offer for MSDN subscribers and provides the capability to quickly provision a development environment for Web/SQL development and for SharePoint 2013 development on an Azure Virtual machine. The image is available for MSDN Professional, Premium and Ultimate subscribers.

You need to choose an image that corresponds to your subscription level. Visual Studio will check your subscription level during sign in and will only allow you to proceed if your subscription level matches the VS SKU on the image.

So i think you may need to have a MSDN subscription.

Regards.

Vivian Wang

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, March 14, 2014 7:09 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi salescrusade,

Since this thread is more related to Windows Azure Virual Machine, I will move it to the right forum for a better response. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:33 AM
  • Hi,

The Visual Studio 2013 image is an exclusive offer for MSDN subscribers and provides the capability to quickly provision a development environment for Web/SQL development and for SharePoint 2013 development on an Azure Virtual machine. The image is available for MSDN Professional, Premium and Ultimate subscribers.

You need to choose an image that corresponds to your subscription level. Visual Studio will check your subscription level during sign in and will only allow you to proceed if your subscription level matches the VS SKU on the image.

So i think you may need to have a MSDN subscription.

Regards.

Vivian Wang

• Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Friday, March 14, 2014 7:09 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:35 AM