Can't open documents uploaded in library after enable IRM RRS feed

• Question

•   I have a SharePoint 2013 environment with Office Web Apps enabled. 

1. I create a library with IRM disabled by default;
      2. I upload some docs of type docx and xlsx;
      3. I enable IRM on this library;
      4. I upload other document;

When I select the documents uploaded before the IRM activation, I can open successfuly and the OWApp web view shows the label warning that the document are protected - how it would be;
      When I try to view any document uploaded AFTER the IRM activation, I receive de message: "Sorry, there was a problem and we can't open this document. If this happens again, try opening the document in Microsoft Word."
       After enable IRM on library, I can't download any documents. When I try to download, a receive this message:
               "The document your tried to download could not be protected."

I checked the AD-RMS environment creating protected documents using word application and all seems working properly.
       Any other library are using de Office Web Apps normally with no surprises. Only libraries with IRM enabled I have this issue.

Checking the Sharepoint Logs, I found the following entries related with this issue:

Critical Information Rights Management (IRM): Retried too many times to initialize IRM client. Cannot retry more. Retried times is:0x5.
    Critical Information Rights Management (IRM): There was a problem while ensure IRM client. Status value: -1, error value: 0x80004005.
    Medium   Information Rights Management (IRM): The IRM status of the document [TesteIRM/doc555.docx] is: wssirmfailed (11), the return values is: 0x0.
    High     Não foi possível proteger o documento que você tentou baixar. Talvez você precise contatar o administrador da biblioteca para ajudar a resolver. Código de erro: 80004005.

How can an achieve this?

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:42 AM

Answers