Possibly run Andriod Web Application Disconnected? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1084235140 posted

Hi All,

I currently have a web application that will run on mobile tablets.  We created a web application as we are a small company and this allows us to support 1 product to run on all devices.

One of my customers has asked if they can run the web application from an android device desconnected?  This would mean I would need to install the web app on the device (Instead of the 1 off installation on the server). 

Is this possible?  Is there some type of mobile IIS for android?

I hoped to somehow install the published website on the android.  And while disconnected store records in xml.  Once the device is back online I will run a procedure to write the saved xml data into the database on the server.

Any thoughts would be great.  I have only just started to investegate so no idea if its even possible.

My website is developed in asp.net framework 4, with a jquery front end.

Thanks

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:23 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

You should ask this question in an Android development forum.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 2:49 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

You should ask this question in an Android development forum.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2012 2:49 AM
  • User1918766559 posted

PhoneGap is an open source tool which helps to accomplishment the goal just bridges the gap between device native fatures & mobile web features. Of course , it's possible in Android devices to store Web app locally in device's local storage & allow transactions in WiFi or limited internet too. Store xml data in local HTML5 storage by offline storage/ session storage.

You need to install phonegap from www.phonegap.com in eclipse project & enable web application in android native appliation by it.

Details Steps :http://anindita9.wordpress.com/category/phonegap/ 

Thanks,

Anindita

http://anindita9.wordpress.com

Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:28 AM