EventCalendar.dll problem RRS feed

• Question

• User1501155440 posted

Hello,

I am using the starter kit EventCalender.dll in a NEW website application.  You know... just a EventCalendar.aspx page that references the CalendarEvent.dll so I can show a Calendar.

I have downloaded the EventCalendar source code and compiled the project.  I have also Added a Reference to that EventCalendar.dll in my new website application.

The EventCalendar.aspx page works fine locally, but when I push it up to my site, it fails with a:

CS0030: Cannot convert type 'ASP.eventcalendar_aspx' to 'ControlSample.EventCalendar'

Line 124:        public eventcalendar_aspx() {
    Line 125:            string[] dependencies;
    Line 126:            ((EventCalendar)(this)).AppRelativeVirtualPath = "~/EventCalendar.aspx";
    Line 127:            if ((global::ASP.eventcalendar_aspx.@__initialized == false)) {
    Line 128:                dependencies = new string[2];

Not sure what to make of this error.  I would be grateful for any suggestions or solutions!  :)

Thanks,
    Jason

My asp.x code looks like...

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="EventCalendar.aspx.cs" Inherits="EventCalendar" Title="Event Calendar" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="ec" Namespace="ControlSample" Assembly="EventCalendar"%>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">

<table border="0" style="width: 952px">

<tr>

<td colspan="3" style="height: 100px" align="center"><div style="left: 0px; top: 0px;">

<ec:EventCalendar runat="server" ID="eventscalendar" DataSourceID="sqldatasource1" DayField="eventStartDate" ShowTitle="true" CssClass="eventmonthtable" DayNameFormat="Full">

Thursday, May 3, 2007 11:28 AM

Answers

• User1501155440 posted

There is an apparent naming conflict between the page EventCalendar.aspx and the dll, EventCalendar.dll.

I changed the name of the page from EventCalendar.aspx to EventsCalendar.aspx and all is well.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:44 PM