none
Office Embed Interop Types bug fixed ... but how ? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Cyril,

I have got the response from the senior engineer who confirmed that the issue was fixed in the package "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2468871" which is also part of VS 2010 SP1. The package was distribute as a GDR, so it gets installed automatically by Windows Update.
    Here is the KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Bruce Song Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Grimshu Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:22 PM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Grimshu,

I found that this issue is still active, please check this site:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/573270/saveasui-in-workbookbeforesave-event-hander-is-always-true

Because they are the same, as a result, the one you what you have found was closed. And here is another thread about this problem:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/9819bc16-be2c-45ca-9809-ebe3cbcae6b4

and the experts pointed the workarounds about the problem.

I have tested on my side for Office 2010 and installed Visual Studio 2010 sp1, it works well on my side. Because I didn't have Office 2007 to test, you can try to install the sp1 on your machine and tested Office 2007 to see whether the issue is fixed.

Just feel free to let me know the result.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:47 AM
  • Dear Bruce,

I am confused because it seems there is no way to know whether the issue is supposed to be fixed and how.

I have recently tested on a machine with VS 2010 Ultimate (NO SP1) with both Office 2007 and Office 2010 (32-bit version), and I was not able to reproduce the problem.

I had reported this problem about a year ago on this forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/f167e28d-2126-4dd1-82af-d41d09304da2

I do not have the issue anymore (but I had it about 5 months ago while doing some tests).

I do not know what happened in between. I have not installed VS SP1 but I automatically install all Microsoft/Windows Updates. My concern is: how do I make sure that my customers are going to have the correct environment to run my product without this bug?

I would really appreciate if you could investigate the matter and get back to me with some information that would help me document the conditions under which this problem is solved.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

--

Cyril

Friday, June 24, 2011 6:40 PM
  • Bruce,

Some information that may narrow down your search: I have restored a virtual machine snapshot where the latest windows update was performed January 3rd 2011. I reproduced the bug with this snapshot. On the same machine, I then switched to another snapshot with recent windows update (up to June 24th) and the problem is fixed. So it appears that the fix was delivered though an automatic update . I do not know whether it is an Office update of Windows (.NET Framework update). It would be great if I could have the KB reference for this update.

Thanks

--

Cyril

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Monday, July 11, 2011 10:41 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 7:49 PM
  • Hi Cyril,

Glad to hear that you get it working via installing the update of windows.

>>On the same machine, I then switched to another snapshot with recent windows update (up to June 24th) and the problem is fixed.It would be great if I could have the KB reference for this update.
    You can view your update histroy on June 24th, each update item contains the KB number, then you can try to seach the KB article according to the KB number, the search url is:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/.

If you can't find the KB article, it could be that the article hasn't been published, I can help you to consult the product team and they may write a KB article for this.

>>I have recently tested on a machine with VS 2010 Ultimate (NO SP1) with both Office 2007 and Office 2010 (32-bit version), and I was not able to reproduce the problem.

By the way, I noted that you installed both Office 2007 and Office 2010 on the same machine. Microsoft does not recommend install mutiple versions of Office on the one computer:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/218861.

Hope this can help you and feel free to follow up.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

• Proposed as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:49 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Grimshu Monday, July 4, 2011 7:47 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 3:18 AM
  • Hi Cyril,

What is the status of the problem on your side? If you still need any assistant, just let us know. Wish you a nice day.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:36 AM
  • Hello Bruce,

Yes, I still need assistance because I am unable to locate the KB article.

Furthermore, the fact that you have two issues registered on connect (572625 and 573270) on the same problem with different status makes it unclear whether the bug is supposed to be officialy fixed.

So I would appreciate if you could reach out to the product team so that they can

- Confirm that the bug is fixed

- Confirm that the fix is delivered thorugh Windows Update

- Give me the  KB/ID of the associated update.

Thanks a lot

Regards

- Cyril

Monday, July 4, 2011 7:54 AM
  • Hi Cyril,

They are dupliacte, so one is closed. From out internal bug system, it haven't been fixed and the status is still active, perhaps it hasn't been updated.

I can help you reach out to the product team but they may not timely reponse to me. So, if your problem is very urgent, you can try to figure out what updates make your problem get resolved on June 24th.

Would you please give a list of your KB number of the updates on June 24th? I will help you to do some research. Wish you a nice day.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:57 AM
  • Bruce,

On the virtual machine where I have made the latest tests, I have 35 updates for Windows, 17 for Office and a dozen others on miscelaneous products. Most of the updates are security-related, and I have seen nothing that seems related to this Interop  issue .

We have just shipped our beta so I have already missed that deadline to document this issue, and we have made the assumption that the problem was indeed fixed. I can thus wait for the product team to respond, but it is critical for us to have the confirmation of the fix, and information about how this fix is delivered to end-users. Our RC is due in about three months, so I guess this should give ample time to get an answer.

Thanks

--

Cyril

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Hi Cyril,

I have helped you contact the detailed information about this.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Friday, July 8, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Hello Bruce,

I have still not received any new information.

Could you please give me an update?

Thanks

--

Cyril

Sunday, September 4, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Hi Cyril,

I have got the response from the senior engineer who confirmed that the issue was fixed in the package "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2468871" which is also part of VS 2010 SP1. The package was distribute as a GDR, so it gets installed automatically by Windows Update.
    Here is the KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871

Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

• Edited by Bruce Song Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Grimshu Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:22 PM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 3:50 AM
  • Hello Bruce,

This is exactly the piece of information that I was looking for.

Thanks a lot

--

Cyril

Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:24 PM