none
Shrepoint designer 2013 workflow

Question

• Hello,

I have two lists, Excludeoff and holidaylist exclude off have start date and end date and calculated column -requested leaves, i want workflow to check against holidaylist and exclude that holiday and deduct it from total requested leaves.

i cannot use any other operator other than euals in spd loop with condition, not sure why i am unable to change the operator. i have below sp workflow but i am not getting expected result.and unable to see logs in list/workflowhistory list and debug. 

thanks in advance.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi vidya,

For your request, I need to collect more detailed information:

Does value of “requested leaves” column equal to “end date” minus “start date” in Excludeoff list by default?

Do you want to update the “requested leaves” column with the value of “requested leaves” minus value of holiday?

What columns are in the holiday list? what’s the value of holiday? Please provide the screenshot of holiday list.

Besides, when we use loop in SharePoint Designer, there is only “equals” operator by default.

There are other methods to achieve your request:

1. Create calculated column with formula that deduct the holiday in Requested Leaves column.
    2. Use InfoPath.

For more information, refer to the post below:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/88149/formula-to-show-differens-between-dates-without-weekends-and-holidays

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:29 AM
  • Hello Grace,

value of “requested leaves” column equal to “end date” minus “start date” in Excludeoff list by default? : No requested leaves column is a calculated column which will only count weekdays .

I want to update the total number of leaves taken in a stretch excluding public holidays, list of holidays contain public localized holidays.

WeekdayCheckedHolidyas is a calculated column which will check if the localized holiday is on weekend using weekday(date,2) return type is 2.

please suggest me on the scenario, i want to use weekdaycheckedHolidays column also as if the holiday is on weekends total no leaves will not be affected.

only if it is on a week day i want to subtract it from requested leaves.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vidya

Friday, February 17, 2017 5:07 AM
  • Hi vidya,

For your request, I suggest you creating workflow in the Excludeoff list so that Excludeoff list can connect with holiday list though creating a new column.

First, create a column in Excldeoff list named such as “holiday” which the user select the holiday name as “Title” column in holiday list.

Then, create a workflow associated with Excludeoff list in SharePoint Designer as below:

Pay attention that “holiday:listofholiday” is set as below:

Besides, we can change the operator in Loop action when we give the value first.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by vidya B Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:20 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by vidya B Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:54 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Hello Grace,

Thank you for the pointers, is "holiday" is a look up column of "listofholidays" or "title" in "HoildayList"? when i create look up column i am unable to select "source" as "holiday"can you guide me.

I am very new new to this can you guide me on this.

Thankyou 

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:51 AM
  • Hi vidya,

when you create a lookup column, try to select "get information from" Holiday List' s Title column.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Hello Grace,

Thank you for the walk through, i tied the same but unable use 'holiday' as data source please find the below, are there any other settings which i need to enable or disable and i am using sp online 2013.

Thanks

Vidya

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Hello Grace,

Please find the attached. I am unable to find holiday as  data source.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:36 AM
  • Hi vidya,

Do you mean you cannot found the data source in "if holiday:listofholiday equals variable:checkdate" action?

refer to the screenshot below:

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:55 AM
  • Hello Grace,

Thank you, sorry for the trouble but not getting expected result, It is supposed to minus one day if it matches any date in holiday list. But not happening.

Thank you for the walk through.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:20 PM
  • Hello Grace,

Can you make a point where i am going wrong, as i am not getting expected output.

Regards

vidya

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 5:14 AM