using custom entities RRS feed

• Question

• User-1411731448 posted

Here's the thing.  I don't want to just drag the tables we use in our business app into either the entity framework or LINQ to SQL designer and then use dynamic data to traverse the relationships between the tables.  I don't want that.  But I do want a combination of tables to make up a single entity, a logical entity, and then map this logical entity to other logical entities and then use dynamic data.  I tried creating views to represent my logical entites, but you can't create relationships between views.  Does anyone know how I can do this?  I want to create my own entities that may or may not relate to a single table, heck, it might relate to 5 tables and once that entity is created, link it via relationships to other constructed logical entities that may also be a combination of multiple tables.  If someone can point me in a direction, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:26 PM

All replies

• User-797310475 posted

The Entity Framework has support for constructing logical entiites that map to 1 or more tables on the server.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:08 PM
  • User-1411731448 posted

Are there some good examples of this?

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:17 PM
  • User-797310475 posted

There is not Dynamic Data-specific example. Here's a link to documentation on the subject from MSDN. Hope this helps.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:10 PM