Cannot see all the items of a horizontal ListView

Question

• For some reason I cannot see all of the items of a horizontal listView using gridView.

It appears that all of the items (hidden and visible) are located on a single horizontal line. The width of the ListView is less than that of the complete line of items (hidden and visible). Rather the width of the ListView is only as wide as the visible items.

It seems like this may be an overflow-x CSS issue, but I've set that property to "auto" multiple places in the CSS. () As well as overflow-y to "hidden".)

The ListView is in the 2nd column of a ms-grid, where the 2nd column is set to "auto".

The only way I get all the items to be visible is if I modify the "margin-top" property (or any of the other margin properties) of the ".sectionpage .itemslist .win-container" CSS selector to a different number so that the items falls into a 2nd line. When the 2nd line appears, I observe that the width of the listView stays the same.

This solution seems a bit kludgey since if I change the margin properties less or more, there is a potential of the items displaying in a single line again and the issue presents itself again.

I'd like to find a better solution. Anyone have any ideas?

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 3:18 PM

All replies

• Please provide your code.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, October 02, 2014 2:14 PM
  • Is there a way I can send you a private message with a link to the code? If you find what's wrong, you can post it here?
    Friday, October 03, 2014 12:51 AM
  • Sorry - this is a public forum. If you want individualized help like that, please open a support case.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 6:21 PM