Using Virtual Hard Drives in Windows 7 with VB.NET RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen examples on how to use  VHDs in Windows 7 using C++, but they are either beond my limited C++ knowlege or seem to be incomplete so I cannot convert them to VB.NET. I was hopping that the Windows 7 API Code Pack would have something to help but though it has some very usefull functions it does not have anything for using VHDs. Any help would be great!
    Bill Gates look out!
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:31 PM

Answers

• The APIs are language independent, so you should have no problem identifying which API to call.
    You can get P/Invoke Interop Assistant to generate most of the marshal code. For the rest you can seek help in the CLR forum.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Shmuel Englard Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:44 PM

All replies

• Why you need to translate? You can write a C++/CLI class library that bridges native C++ and .Net. If you need help in the C++/CLI syntax for specific language elements, try the Visual C++ language forum.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:37 PM
  • I need to convert them because I don't really know C++. I've learnt enough to usually convert to VB.NET so I can use it.
    Bill Gates look out!
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:39 PM
  • The APIs are language independent, so you should have no problem identifying which API to call.
    You can get P/Invoke Interop Assistant to generate most of the marshal code. For the rest you can seek help in the CLR forum.

Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Shmuel Englard Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:44 PM