none
Weird Error When I Open VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I open SQL Server BIDS, I get this message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VSDesigner, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b0f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of it's dependencies.  The system cannot find the specified file.

I'm not even doing anything but opening the utility.  Simply opening it causes it to freeze up!!

Has anyone heard of this before?  Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks!!

Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi ryguy72,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

If I don’t misunderstand, your issue is about nalysis service support. I would recommend you post it in the TechNet for better support.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by ryguy72 Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:32 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Hi ryguy

As before, I believe these examples were done using Beta software. I have no idea what SQL Server BIDS has to do with using Find in an Excel Add-in (a link you provide) - I can't imagine what the relationship is. As Tom mentions, that has nothing at all to do with VSTO.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• Ok, I think this issue has worked itself out!  I surmise that one of the 30 critical updates that couldn't be installed before (for over a month now) had something to do with this.  I tried several times today to get ALL critical updated downloaded and installed.  The process kept hanging (for MANY hours) over the course of the past several days.  Today, finally, I got confirmation that all 30 critical updated were indeed downloaded and installed.  I noticed that at least one of the critical updates was for 'Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1'.  I don't know what prevented all of the critical updates from being downloaded/installed but everything seems to be back to normal now.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:36 PM
  • DANG!!  It’s back!!  I found a little help on this here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/csharpgeneral/thread/c4c403de-0c42-4806-908a-45d57ac9ae84

Basically, I am downloading a few projects from the web; here’s one:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/bb839477

I’m thinking that whatever the developer did in his project, I don’t have that available to me; I must have a different version of SQL Server BIDS.  Is that right?  Is there a way to fix this, or am I stuck like this??

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:32 PM
  • Hi ryguy72,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

If I don’t misunderstand, your issue is about nalysis service support. I would recommend you post it in the TechNet for better support.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:29 AM
  • Hi ryguy

As before, I believe these examples were done using Beta software. I have no idea what SQL Server BIDS has to do with using Find in an Excel Add-in (a link you provide) - I can't imagine what the relationship is. As Tom mentions, that has nothing at all to do with VSTO.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:46 AM
  • I think this is resolved now.  Thanks everyone!!
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 10:31 PM