none
Rearm Trial Period for SQL Server 2016

Question

• Hi all, I was wondering whether anybody knows how to rearm the trial period for SQL Server 2016, I'm currently trialling SQL Server 2016 inside of a virtual machine with Windows Server 2016 and only have until February till the trial expires. Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:18 PM

Answers

• One would think that in 180 days you will be able to make a decision if SQL 2016 is something for you. :-)

In any case, sign up to Visual Studio Essentials and you can get Developer Edition for free.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hi RocknRollTim,

It's very pleasant that you have got the suitable method. The Developer Edition has the same features and functions as the Enterprise Edition, however you can only  use it for development instead of using for business.

If you are satisfied with our help, could you please mark these replies as 'Answered'?

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RocknRollTim Monday, December 26, 2016 8:52 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:48 AM

All replies

• One would think that in 180 days you will be able to make a decision if SQL 2016 is something for you. :-)

In any case, sign up to Visual Studio Essentials and you can get Developer Edition for free.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hi Teige,

Will consider signing up to Visual Studio Essentials in order to get Developer Edition of SQL Server, thank you for your help.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

Monday, December 19, 2016 10:25 PM
  • Hi RocknRollTim,

It's very pleasant that you have got the suitable method. The Developer Edition has the same features and functions as the Enterprise Edition, however you can only  use it for development instead of using for business.

If you are satisfied with our help, could you please mark these replies as 'Answered'?

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by RocknRollTim Monday, December 26, 2016 8:52 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:48 AM
  • Hi Teige,

I am aware I can only use The Developer Edition for development, thank you for clarifying once again.

Regards,

RocknRollTim 

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:52 PM