none
How to use vba FileDialog to multi select files from a Sharepoint Document Library Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using FileDialog to open multiple files from Excel 2010, but I can't make multiple selection works in Sharepoint 2010 Document Library Folder. ¿Any ideas?

Sub Consolidate()
        Dim fd As FileDialog
        Set fd = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
        If fd.Show = -1 Then
            Dim vrtFile As Variant
            For Each vrtFile In fd.SelectedItems
                Debug.Print vrtFile
            Next vrtFile
        End If
    End Sub

Sunday, September 21, 2014 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>but I can't make multiple selection works in SharePoint 2010 Document Library Folder.<<

Since the code works well with normal document folder, I think you code is fine. I suggest you opening an open dialog manually as followed to see whether you can select multiple files in SharePoint 2010 Document Library Folder.

If you cannot select multiple files in open dialog manually, I suspect the issue may be related to the client feature of Excel product or the permission of your SharePoint folder. I suggest you posting in Excel IT pro forum or SharePoint forum for more effective responses.

If the issue only happens programmatically, please feel free to let us to know.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 22, 2014 8:26 AM