Solution Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I keep trying to use Solution Explorer in Community 2015 for the current project that I am working on, but I can no longer see the folders associated with this project. The only thing I see is "Solution 'Solution1'" which I never created. I've been trying to figure this out for an hour and still have not gotten this to work. I've combed through all of the questions listed in this forum and still no luck. If you have a suggestion, I would really appreciate it!

• Edited by Kelsey8 Monday, November 9, 2015 11:47 PM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 11:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Kelsey8,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Have you used some version control, such as TFS?

If you don't use version controls, please see the following:

According to your description, you can’t find some of your folders on your solution explorer. May I ask some questions:

1. Does this happens on other projects?

2. Does your folders or files exist on your hard drive?(Which means your files are just removed from your Solution Explorer. )

If this happens on all your projects. You may try these steps to reset your Visual Studio:

1) Open Visual Studio Command Prompt (2015) under Start menu -> All Programs ->Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 ->Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);

2) Try some devenv switches in command prompt:

a. Rundevenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings.

b. Rundevenv /ResetSkipPkgs in Command Prompt.

c. Rundevenv /Safemode to see if you can apply it correctly. This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems.

3) Reboot the machine in Safe Mode. This can isolate some third party application/driver's interference.

4) Switch and try a new user account. This can rule out the possibility of corrupted user profile.

If this only happens on this project , you can try:

1)    Add your files to your solution explorer by Add>>Existing Item

2)    Create a new project and copy your files to that project.

Best Regards,

Jiayi

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jiayi Li Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jiayi Li Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:17 AM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 7:52 AM