none
scope_info table not populating on provisioning db using SyncSvcUtil

Question

• There is no error showing up in provisioning, there is no error in my SQL Profiler.

I was able to Provision my db before with no problem and I deprovisioned to add a column to a table and now when I provisioned my db again I noticed that table is not populated and running a sync produces the error Scope does not exist.

My other config tables populated though.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:17 PM

All replies

• which table is not populated? how are you provisioning?
    Monday, October 29, 2012 12:22 PM
  • I am having same issue here. after provisioning, i am checking the created tables. There is a record in table scope_config and scope_templates, however, scope_info is empty !! any idea?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 12:42 PM
  • are you provisioning a template instead of a scope?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 1:13 PM
  • I'm having same issue, after I change a table on the config file , I deprovision and provision and now the Sync is failing with Null reference.

Any solve the problem?

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:22 PM
  • I have same problem. I provision with SyncSvcUtil, there is one template scope in config file. Table scope_info is not populated though SyncSvcUtil shows no errors. Did someone find solution for that? I suppose deprovision does not work correctly though SyncSvcUtil shows no errors. I could solve this issue by removing database on web side and restoring it after a while, but i want to find out how to fix it without deleting the database. 

Found here https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d4ecd7fd-64c5-4033-af94-200eb5b82342/client-scope-and-server-scope-does-not-match-throws-scope-doesnot-exists-exception?forum=synclab

"For every distinct sync relation with a particular client the server creates a concrete sync scope (based off a sync scope template) on first download request. This sync scope then is used for maintaining any up- and downloads within this particular client-server-relation. Scopes are stored in scope_info table. CheckIfScopeExists returns false because the scope info received from the client could not be found on the server. This can happen e.g. when you restore a backup of the server database and the backup does not include the scope for the particular client (backup was created before initial download request from this client). There are other reasons for why a scope_info gets lost but they are rather esoteric."

It seems it is normal that table "scope_info" is not populated after provisioning for template scopes. Can anyone tell me where can i read more about it? My problem actually is that i get an exception:

"Cannot find a valid scope with the name 'templatescope_7240ccd5-a962-4dec-a6b1-d0a2b1664554' in table '[scope_info]'. Ensure that this scope exists and that it has a corresponding valid configuration in the configuration table '[scope_config]'." when i make a first sync.

Will appreciate any help.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 11:55 AM