Error in GetRemoteFileTimeUTC routine for file ServerCheck.exe RRS feed

• Question

• User993709289 posted

We recently moved our Database from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2012 R2 and since then we have been unable to get our Server Updates with the below error:

Error info is Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with an empty response.\ at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at ServerCheck.ServerCheckWeb.Service.getFileModTimeUTC(String strKey, String strFilename)
    at ServerCheck.cl_Web.GetRemoteFiletimeUTC(String strfilename)
    2/13/2018 7:26:18 PM - - Error in SendErrors routine, Error info is Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with an empty response.\ at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at ServerCheck.ServerCheckWeb.Service.GathersCheckErrors(String strKey, String strServername, String strError)
    at ServerCheck.cl_Web.SendErrors(String strServername, String strError)
    2/13/2018 7:26:18 PM - - Error in SendErrors routine, Error info is Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'.
    at ServerCheck.ServerCheckWeb.Service.GathersCheckErrors(String strKey, String strServername, String strError)

Looking at the Service.vb file to send the data:

Try
    Dim conSQL As New SqlClient.SqlConnection

conSQL.ConnectionString = "Data Source=10.0.0.1;Initial Catalog=serverDB;User id = server1;password = server2009;Encrypt=yes;TrustServerCertificate=True"
    If conSQL.State = ConnectionState.Closed Then
    conSQL.Open()
    End If
    Dim commsql As New SqlClient.SqlCommand
    commsql.Connection = conSQL
    commsql.CommandText = "Select * from TSMAdditionalNodes where PrimaryServer='" & strServerName.ToUpper.Trim & "' OR SecondaryServer='" & strServerName.ToUpper.Trim & "'"

Dim datread As SqlClient.SqlDataReader
    datread = commsql.ExecuteReader()

If datread.HasRows() Then
    Do While datread.Read()
    alDSMSchedLocation.Add(datread("DSMSchedLogLocation").ToString)
    alClusterNodeName.Add(datread("SERVER_NAME").ToString)
    Loop
    End If

datread.Close()
    conSQL.Close()

Not sure what the issue is, but hoping to get some advice/direction on my failed service.

Cheers,

Serge

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 12:43 AM

All replies

• User-460007017 posted

Hi snteran,

Did you install the static content feature under IIS turn windows feature's on or off? It looks like the IIS can't recognize the response content type. 

I didn't find any similar case with this issue. So you only need to ensure the code is correct and the static content feature has been installed. In addition, please ensure ASP feature has been installed as well.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:52 AM
  • User993709289 posted

Hello Yuk,

Static content was not configured.  I have added the feature but still getting the same error.

It appears there is a service.vb file that might need to be updated with the correct connection string, I had updated the string to:

conSQL.ConnectionString = "Data Source=10.0.0.1;Initial Catalog=serverDB;User id = server1;password = server2009;Encrypt=yes;TrustServerCertificate=True"

Does this seem ok?  I use this string to connect using a powershell script so I was guessing it should be fine.

Thanks,

Serge

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:22 PM
  • User993709289 posted

Hello Yuk,

I found a new log file:

Error in FileDownload2 routine for file DFSMonitor-Svc64.exe, Error info is 'DFSMonitor-Svc64.exe' is not a valid remote file address.  A valid address should include a protocol, a path and a file name. Parameter name: address\ at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.GetUri(String address) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName)

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:10 PM
  • User993709289 posted

Well, I was able to get the service to work a bit better but still having some issues.

Added the Static Content/URL Redirect adn updated my web.config file to a more basic config to begin with.  I was then able to get some errors which allowed me to edit my web.config file and add needed sections.

Now getting a new error:

Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://tempuri.org/DiskInfoTableUpdate.

I'll keep after it and update as I get good results.

Friday, February 16, 2018 10:09 PM
  • User-460007017 posted

Hi snteran,

Did you see any detailed error message could relate to the IIS configuration? It looks like a code issue more than an IIS configuration issue.

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Friday, March 2, 2018 3:31 AM