none
Kinect SDK 1.7 - Face Tracking Basics-WPF RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I am working with Face Tracking Basics-WPF in order to get the 3D mask that has coordinates for my study.  But when I run the program that I've installed from Kinect for Windows Developer Toolkit v1.7, I only see my face without the 3D mask on my window as explain in Microsoft Developer Network - Kinect for Windos SDK - Programming guide - Face Tracking.  I don't know how to troubleshoot this problems..

Can anyone give me a solution how to solve this problems? Thank you for your attention

----------------------

aida_36

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• FaceTracking requires a Kinect For Windows device for best result as it can see at close range.

You should be at least ~1 meter far from the Kinect.

Vincent Guigui Innovative Technologies Expert at OCTO Technology MVP Kinect

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for the information Vincent. That's really helpful.

Now I can proceed to get the coordinates. 

Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:34 AM
  • Hi everyone!

i have another problem related to the coordinates of my face tracking.
    Before this i'm able to get the coordinates correctly. But why when i try to get the coordinates again, the coordinate of Y-axes is reverse from the 3D face model as shown on the window ( the coordinate of mouth is above the coordinate of eyes). All the connection,set up of kinect and the programming are the same like before. 
    Can anyone give any ideas of what is wrong with my coordinates?

Thank you for your attention.

----------------

aida36

Friday, May 2, 2014 6:15 AM
  • Is this something from the sample or something you are working on? Are you using WPF or some other math/ui library? Is it right or left hand coordinate system?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, May 2, 2014 5:33 PM
  • Thank you for your attention Carmine ..

Yes, this is something from the sample in Developer Toolkit Browser v1.7 (Kinect for Windows). I'm using the WPF. I only edit the part to get the coordinate based on this page (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4e6c8a23-1a73-4d83-aa97-1358c9fa599f/face-tracking-getting-coordinates?forum=kinectsdk) for the set of 2D projected face points. I don't know either right or left hand coordinate system. 

Monday, May 5, 2014 7:35 AM
  • You cannot use the 3D projected points as these are already transformed in 3D space which may not map based on your view of the color image. Please see this blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2014/01/31/clearing-the-confusion-around-kinect-for-windows-face-tracking-output.aspx

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Thanks for your help Carmine. That's really helpful.
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:58 AM
  • Hello,

I am working with Kinect for windows "Face Tracking 3D-WPF". I have two questions regarding the 3D co-ordinates:

1. Can we use the Coordinates of the face points obtained in the 3D space (of type Vector3DF) to estimate the pose of the head. (In terms of position and orientation)

2. Are these coordinates analogous to the actual positions in the real world?

Friday, June 14, 2019 11:00 AM