none
Smart Navigation in Outlook Navigation pane RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my add-in I have a text box to search for folder and if the folder is available the add-in sets the focus to the folder searched. But I face a small problem. Even if it is setting the focus, the actual navigation is not happening in the navigation pane (the navigation pane shows the folders that are in previous view but not navigated to the place where currently focused folder is).

I tried with currentfolder.display() [after setting the selection to the folder] but this didn't navigate to the location of the folder.  So I tried to achieve it though the NavigationPane.CurrentModule but there is no methods available to navigate to the specific location.

Can anyone suggest a way to navigate to the specific location of the focused/selected folder in the navigation pane?

Thanks and Regards,

Senthil Kumar Mohan

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• how do you set focus to the folder searched? show us some code
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:53 PM
  • Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.Explorers[1].SelectFolder(folder);

What I noticed is that it focuses the folder of first two levels (my folder structure is to have set of folders under a common folder in the root) but not the sub folders.

For example, the folder structure is like the following:

MailRoot (ProfileRoot)

Inbox

Sent Items

My Folder

-----My Sub Folder

----------My Sibling folder

----------------------My grand sibling folder

The line of code is navigating till the "My Sub Folder" but not to the next level (Sibling or Grand sibling) folder.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:17 AM
  • use Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.Explorers[1].CurrentFolder = folder;
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Thanks Damian. Tried that also but it didn't work out.

Is there any other way to do this?

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:04 PM
  • it should work, show us your current code for getting folder and selecting it in explorer.
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:26 PM