kinect for windows speech basics : could not find kinect speech RRS feed

• Question

• hello 

i am try to run the basic example of sdk 2 for kinect

but i get this message:

could not find kinect speech recognizer....

any solution

sdk 2 for kinect install

sdk speech and language pack enUs and itIta install

any solution??

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:27 PM

Answers

• The links in the SDK browser should point you to the correct downloads for Kinect v2. You need to install the runtime/sdk for x86 and/or x64 depending on the build target of your executable. To be safe, you can install both. Once that is installed, install the Kinect Speech Language Packs for v2.

The speech sample provided in the SDK browser will be the recommended sample to get it to work with Kinect. If you just want general support on how to use the speech server, you should check out the documentation they provide(.chm) or the MSDN pages on what is available.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd266409(v=office.14).aspx

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:07 PM

All replies

• hello am new to the forum ...
    I need a good tutorial on voice recognition kinect for windows sdk 2

I tried the basic example of the SDK but I ridponde: Could not find kinect speech recognizer.....

any solution??

i have install:

kinect sdk 2 for win

speech sdk and language pack ita and en

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:28 PM
  • The links in the SDK browser should point you to the correct downloads for Kinect v2. You need to install the runtime/sdk for x86 and/or x64 depending on the build target of your executable. To be safe, you can install both. Once that is installed, install the Kinect Speech Language Packs for v2.

The speech sample provided in the SDK browser will be the recommended sample to get it to work with Kinect. If you just want general support on how to use the speech server, you should check out the documentation they provide(.chm) or the MSDN pages on what is available.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd266409(v=office.14).aspx

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:07 PM
  • solved, thanks
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:43 PM