none
how to unload a VSTO Excel 2010 project after removing it from a soltion in VS2013 ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have removed a VSTO (Excel 2010) project from a solution in VS2013.

When I try to add a new project with the same name of Excel 2010 workbook, I got:

an equivalent project (a project with the same global properties and tools version) is already present in the project collection, with the path to load an equivalent into this project collection, unload this project first.

I cannot unload it because I cannot see it in solution explorer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, August 28, 2015 10:24 PM

Answers

• >>> an equivalent project (a project with the same global properties and tools version) is already present in the project collection, with the path to load an equivalent into this project collection, unload this project first.

The error shows this exception that means the project has been presented.

>>>I cannot unload it because I cannot see it in solution explorer.

If you remove a project from the solution, you couldn’t see it in solution explorer and upload the project.

About uploading the projects in a Solution Folder, you can make all the projects in a Solution Folder temporarily unavailable within a solution, and then restore these projects to available status. When you unload the projects in a Solution Folder, the Solution Folder remains visible in Solution Explorer.

To unload the projects in a Solution Folder

1. In Solution Explorer, select the Solution Folder you want to unload.

2. On the Project menu, choose Unload Projects in Solution Folder.

The projects are now marked (unavailable).

For more information, click here to refer about How to: Unload the Projects in a Solution Folder

Otherwise you can delete projects permanently, remove them from a solution but keep the project, or unload a project from a solution temporarily. Removing, deleting, and excluding each describe a different degree of disassociation from the solution.

If you   want to

Then use

Example

Disassociate a project from a   solution, but not remove its physical file

Remove

A project that you might want   to include in another solution, but isn't useful in the current solution

Permanently erase files from   physical storage as well as the project in the solution

Delete

A project you no longer need

Temporarily disassociate a   project from a solution build

Unload

A project you want to keep in   the solution but do not want to include in a build

For more information, click here to refer about How to: Delete or Remove a Project

Monday, August 31, 2015 7:03 AM

All replies

• When you finish developing a project, you should remove the files in the build output folder and the security settings created by the build process. To clean up the completed project on your development computer: in Visual Studio, on the Build menu, click Clean Solution. See Walkthrough: Creating Your First Document-Level Customization for Excel for more information.
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 9:49 AM
  • When you finish developing a project, you should remove the files in the build output folder and the security settings created by the build process. To clean up the completed project on your development computer: in Visual Studio, on the Build menu, click Clean Solution. See Walkthrough: Creating Your First Document-Level Customization for Excel for more information.

I have followed the instructions on the link, but the Add-in is still in Excel workbook.

Any help wpuld be appreciated.

Saturday, August 29, 2015 11:54 AM
  • Try to use another workbook or just clear document properties in the existing workbook.
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 1:09 PM
  • >>> an equivalent project (a project with the same global properties and tools version) is already present in the project collection, with the path to load an equivalent into this project collection, unload this project first.

The error shows this exception that means the project has been presented.

>>>I cannot unload it because I cannot see it in solution explorer.

If you remove a project from the solution, you couldn’t see it in solution explorer and upload the project.

About uploading the projects in a Solution Folder, you can make all the projects in a Solution Folder temporarily unavailable within a solution, and then restore these projects to available status. When you unload the projects in a Solution Folder, the Solution Folder remains visible in Solution Explorer.

To unload the projects in a Solution Folder

1. In Solution Explorer, select the Solution Folder you want to unload.

2. On the Project menu, choose Unload Projects in Solution Folder.

The projects are now marked (unavailable).

For more information, click here to refer about How to: Unload the Projects in a Solution Folder

Otherwise you can delete projects permanently, remove them from a solution but keep the project, or unload a project from a solution temporarily. Removing, deleting, and excluding each describe a different degree of disassociation from the solution.

If you   want to

Then use

Example

Disassociate a project from a   solution, but not remove its physical file

Remove

A project that you might want   to include in another solution, but isn't useful in the current solution

Permanently erase files from   physical storage as well as the project in the solution

Delete

A project you no longer need

Temporarily disassociate a   project from a solution build

Unload

A project you want to keep in   the solution but do not want to include in a build

For more information, click here to refer about How to: Delete or Remove a Project

Monday, August 31, 2015 7:03 AM