Inserting Infopath Data in to SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

there is a requirement for me to insert infopath forms data in SQL Server 2005. how can i insert infopath forms data into SQL Server 2005 when the user presses the Submit button in the Form?

any suggestions, samples, URLs appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Ammar.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:15 AM

Answers

• By creating a form connected to the database.   You can start the form by using the Database template, which then ties your schema directly to the DB, or you can use a blank template and add a submit data connection to the database.  However, it's best practice to use web services, so you should create a web service for interacting with your DB, then consume that web service as a data connection in your form.  Set up your submit button to submit to the database, and map your form's fields to the database fields.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:20 PM

All replies

• By creating a form connected to the database.   You can start the form by using the Database template, which then ties your schema directly to the DB, or you can use a blank template and add a submit data connection to the database.  However, it's best practice to use web services, so you should create a web service for interacting with your DB, then consume that web service as a data connection in your form.  Set up your submit button to submit to the database, and map your form's fields to the database fields.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:20 PM
  • thanks a lot for your valuable comment Clayton.

I will try it and get back to you soon.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:07 AM