none
Header/Footer in Word output VS2010 RDLC RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following problem. A report has a footer that should only be shown on the first page and a header that should only be shown on all pages after the first.

Now everything works fine until i create the word(.doc) print out, when i print it from there it does ignore the settings and never shows the header and always prints the footer. Is there any way to get arround this?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Anyone?

When i preview the report in the report viewer everything is fine, the header/footer are displayed correctly and the page numbers count up.

Now when i press the print out button i get problems in the created files:

PDF looks like it is supposed to be
    Word looks ok just the whole header/footer thing is messed up(it only keeps the setting for the first page header/footer).
    XLS (Excel) looks very strange but that does not matter.

Part of the reason for my project was that the customer wanted to be able to edit the created document which was not possible in the old Crystal solution. I was hoping that VS2010 with the new RDLC reporting is able to do it. Now editing is possible but i cant fix the header/footer problems.

I am now stuck, i am trying to write a function that will fix the word document by loading it into my application after it has be created by the reportviewer. This not easy as i have to create sections in the document to be able to set different headers/footers for the different pages.

If anyone can help me or tell me that i am wasting my time and should look for another sollution it would be really appreciated.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:01 AM
  • I added a bug report to microsoft connect.

If someone else has the same problem he can add comments etc. there.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/584721/header-footer-in-reporting-viewer-rdlc-word-document-output

Still any help with this is really appreciated.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:13 PM
  • Me again,

still looking for a solution. Is there anyone who has implemented/realized something with word output in the 2010 RDLC Reporting?

Also is my post on connect.microsoft.com in the right place? I only got something that looks like an automated response.

Still any help with this is really appreciated.

Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:34 AM
  • Everything mentioned here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627455(v=SQL.100).aspx#CommunityContent

Does not work, so for me the implementation of Word Output in Reporting Services is not usable.

• Marked as answer by max_L Friday, September 24, 2010 1:27 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 1:27 PM