none
Problem in GroupShape RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to plot the PowerPoint slide in HTML using OOXML. While I read XML for group shape in a slide the child off and child ext value is coming different. 

While calculating the position and plot them in html is not correct as i am converting EMU to Pixel.

Logic to get the position is  (child off - group off) give me child off values and width is  from child chext.

<a:off x="4194176" y="1703373" />
    <a:ext cx="3781425" cy="4638675" />
    <a:chOff x="1805" y="845" />
    <a:chExt cx="2820" cy="3194" />

My trouble group off and ext value unit is EMU and choff and chExt unit is in EMU ?

And how to calculate the position and dimensions of shape when choff and chExt is coming that small.

Thnaks,

Vishal Sood

Sunday, October 28, 2018 1:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Xornor,

>> My trouble group off and ext value unit is EMU and choff and chExt unit is in EMU ?

The chExt unit is EMU. The chOff specifies a coordinate on the x-axis. The origin point for this coordinate shall be specified by the parent XML element.

The chOff specifies the location of the child extents rectangle and is used for calculations of grouping, scaling, and rotation behavior of shapes placed within a group.

The chExt specifies the size dimensions of the child extents rectangle and is used for calculations of grouping, scaling, and rotation behavior of shapes placed within a group.

Please see the following link for reference:

<chOff>(Child Offset)

<chExt> (Child Extents)

>> And how to calculate the position and dimensions of shape when choff and chExt is coming that small.

Go through the XML for the slide in question and look for xfrm elements, which should contain off (offset) and ext (extent) sub-elements.

Please see the following link for reference:

How to get the Position & Dimension of a Shape in Powerpoint?

The following links may be helpful to you:

Convert pixels to EMU, EMU to pixels : Pixel « 2D Graphics « C# / C Sharp

Best Regards,

Bruce

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, October 29, 2018 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

I read all the help links. But while plotting these shapes in HTML the child shapes are not coming correct.

According to me issue is with a:choff value. 

Could you please help to convert the a:choff values to EMU unit ?

I can post the xml if required on email.

thanks,

Vishal Sood

Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:42 PM