none
Error Message When Applying a Filter to an ADO Recordset - Arguments are of the wrong type, RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Could you please help me with this problem? I got the VBA error message: " Arguments are of the wrong type are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.", when run to the statement :  rs.Filter = "t0.mtype NOT Like 'SE*'".

Thank you in advance!

from

Yulanhua

''------------

Public Function Func1() As Boolean

Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
     Dim strsql As String

Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

strsql = "select t0.mtype, t0.customer from Table0 t0"

rs.Open strsql, gConn

rs.Filter = "t0.mtype NOT Like 'SE*'"

MsgBox ("No. of filterd records:" & rs.RecordCount)

errhand:
        StocktoQAListing = False
        MsgBox Err.Description
    End Function

Monday, December 21, 2015 2:24 AM

Answers

• Hi yulanhua,

Based on my test and research, the NOT key word can’t be used in the filter, I suggest that you could use it in the SQL script directly.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi yulanhua,

Based on my test and research, the NOT key word can’t be used in the filter, I suggest that you could use it in the SQL script directly.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:41 AM
  • Hi Starain, Thank you very much for providing the solution. It's resolved by using your suggestion. Thanks again.

Yulanhua

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 12:54 AM
  • Hi Yulanhua,

You’re welcome, please mark it answer to close this thread.

Regards

Starain

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:21 AM