Support information for Bootstrap UI + coded UI RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am looking for some information regarding the support for Bootstrap UI, in coded UI automation tool. I am unable to get any proper documentation on the same. 

Any links and hints for going forward is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 9, 2016 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi IamMaverick,

To make sure that whether certain configurations or platforms support the coded UI test, we often refer to the Official site:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd380742(v=vs.140).aspx

It shared us that which platforms doesn't support this test type. If certain Technology is not listed in the official document, generally it means that it still has the limitation in coded UI tests.

Not the real developer for the Bootstrap UI, it seems that it was not list in the official site, generally it means that it has certain limitations more or less. Maybe you could record a simple test for it, check the result in your side. Of course, if you really want to prove it, you could also share me a simple UI sample, I will be glad to help you repro this issue.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by IamMaverick Friday, May 13, 2016 9:55 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi IamMaverick,

To make sure that whether certain configurations or platforms support the coded UI test, we often refer to the Official site:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd380742(v=vs.140).aspx

It shared us that which platforms doesn't support this test type. If certain Technology is not listed in the official document, generally it means that it still has the limitation in coded UI tests.

Not the real developer for the Bootstrap UI, it seems that it was not list in the official site, generally it means that it has certain limitations more or less. Maybe you could record a simple test for it, check the result in your side. Of course, if you really want to prove it, you could also share me a simple UI sample, I will be glad to help you repro this issue.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by IamMaverick Friday, May 13, 2016 9:55 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:24 AM
  • HI Jack,

THanks for your reply. I recorded and played back one sample test on a application built on angular JS and Bootstrap UI. It seems there is some problem with coded UI interacting with the application (built on the mentioned technologies), with default setting. However after looking a bit more in Web I got a setting change will make coded UI work perfectly with this application. 

Updating app.config with the below setting worked:

<appSettings>

<add key = "WebWaitForReadyLevel" value = "3"/>

</appSettings>

But not sure how this will change the execution and interaction of coded UI with normal web applications.

Friday, May 13, 2016 9:55 AM
  • Hi IamMaverick,

I did some research about it, if we set WebWaitForReadyLevel to 3, it would stop the Coded UI WebBrowser from injecting the JavaScript to track Ajax calls and timers. JQuery will get a real XMLHttpRequest, and the ajax callbacks will work again.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/3f3f2d2b-26f2-444d-9ef7-08bd591d60f2/questions-about-setting-webwaitforreadylevel?forum=vstest

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:04 AM