none
Party Resolution Pipeline Component - Not supported by EDI Adapter RRS feed

• Question

•  

I just came across an article which talks about an event 5724. The article says that this problem occurs when Party Resolution is used with an EDI receive location. Also EDI adapter does not support Party Resolution.

The information which I read about Party Resolution Pipeline Component says that the component is basically used for authentication.

So my question is, is this component supported by all other adapters?

Will the above event get generated if any other adapter uses Party Resolution and fails? Or is this specific to EDI adapter?

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>the component is basically used for authentication.

With EDI it's used to examine the header if the EDI interchange and determine the sender and receiver of the document by mathing the identifiers and qualifiers agianst the values configured for the training partners in the BizTalk group. It can also be used for authentication.

>>So my question is, is this component supported by all other adapters?

Yes. The Base EDI adapter was available in BizTalk 2004 and 2006 as a basic solution for processing EDI docs. As the adpater its self examines the inbount message, the Party Resolution component causes this issue.

If you are working with the EDI feature in BizTalk 2006 R2, the EDIReceivePipeline will perform the party resolution for you, this is complelty independent of the adapter. (If you are working with EDI, you should really consideer taking a look at EDI in BizTalk 200 R2, it's greatly improved from the Base EDI adapter.)

>>Will the above event get generated if any other adapter uses Party Resolution and fails? Or is this specific to EDI adapter?

This was specific to the Base EDI adpater. Partry resolutin is typically (and should be) performed in the receive pipeline.

Regards,

Alan

Monday, January 21, 2008 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>the component is basically used for authentication.

With EDI it's used to examine the header if the EDI interchange and determine the sender and receiver of the document by mathing the identifiers and qualifiers agianst the values configured for the training partners in the BizTalk group. It can also be used for authentication.

>>So my question is, is this component supported by all other adapters?

Yes. The Base EDI adapter was available in BizTalk 2004 and 2006 as a basic solution for processing EDI docs. As the adpater its self examines the inbount message, the Party Resolution component causes this issue.

If you are working with the EDI feature in BizTalk 2006 R2, the EDIReceivePipeline will perform the party resolution for you, this is complelty independent of the adapter. (If you are working with EDI, you should really consideer taking a look at EDI in BizTalk 200 R2, it's greatly improved from the Base EDI adapter.)

>>Will the above event get generated if any other adapter uses Party Resolution and fails? Or is this specific to EDI adapter?

This was specific to the Base EDI adpater. Partry resolutin is typically (and should be) performed in the receive pipeline.

Regards,

Alan

Monday, January 21, 2008 9:38 PM
  • Hi Alan,

Your post was really helpful. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:25 AM