Fixed file path in Smart Device CAB Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. In my application I need to install some files (something like settings) with program from .CAB file. I right-click on my project (Smart device CAB project) and select "Add file". All works correctly, but path to this file on developer machine is fixed (like "c:\programs\settings.xml"). And when I open my project on another computer (from another folder) and try to compile my project this file, of course can't be found. How can I set not fixed path to file (like "/other/settings.xml") ?

regards,
    Krechet777
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When you add the files to the CAB project, it takes the fixed path. but when you move the entire project folder to the other location, files will automatically change their path. So we need not change any path here.

If my understanding is wrong regarding your query, please let me know.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    • Marked as answer by Krechet777 Friday, July 17, 2009 1:17 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Krechet777 ,

Please  place the "settings.xml" at the path where your ".csproj" file is.

Then right-click on your project (Smart device CAB project) and select "Add file"  and give the new path of "settings.xml" file.

Try this.

Hope this is your answer.
    Thanks Mohsin S.
    • Proposed as answer by Mohsin S Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:12 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:11 PM
  • No, when I select "Add file" I see standart open dialog window (opened in random folder). If I enter new path "settings.xml" in this folder I get error "File not found". If I open folder with "settings.xml" and enter "settings.xml" in open dialog I have fixed path again :(
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Hi,

When you add the files to the CAB project, it takes the fixed path. but when you move the entire project folder to the other location, files will automatically change their path. So we need not change any path here.

If my understanding is wrong regarding your query, please let me know.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    • Marked as answer by Krechet777 Friday, July 17, 2009 1:17 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:17 PM