application doesn't run in the other computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have Visual Studio Professional 2005 at my office and Visual Studio 2005 Beta at home.
    When i make a simple C++ Windows Form Application in the office i cant run at home. I receive a message that i translate:

"The application configuration is incorrect .Reinstall may solve the problem." If i open the project with Beta and i try to run

without bilding i receive a similar error ,It says also "Review the manifest file for possible errors".

I rebuild then and runs in both computers.

The reverse problem doesn't happen. If a create a program at home runs in the office.

If i have Net Framework 2 in both computers why doesn't run at home the first program?

Thank You.

Saturday, November 4, 2006 8:59 AM

Answers

• I guess there where changes in the project file format. The release version just nicely converts those changes as the developers now what changed from beta to release. But beta could not know about different formats in release so it cannot compensate the project settings it doesn't understand and thus gives you errors.

Try upgrading from Beta to the Express version.

--
    SvenC

Saturday, November 4, 2006 12:08 PM
  • there is only 1 version of .NET 2.0, just .NET 2.0. Any app developed in .NET 2.0 must have .NET 2.0 framework or higher installed on the machine to run it
    Saturday, November 4, 2006 3:09 PM

All replies

• I guess there where changes in the project file format. The release version just nicely converts those changes as the developers now what changed from beta to release. But beta could not know about different formats in release so it cannot compensate the project settings it doesn't understand and thus gives you errors.

Try upgrading from Beta to the Express version.

--
    SvenC

Saturday, November 4, 2006 12:08 PM
  • Ok with the version of Visual Studio.

But the application must run in any computer that has Net 2 Framework.

Are there different versions of Net 2 ? 

Saturday, November 4, 2006 2:32 PM
  • there is only 1 version of .NET 2.0, just .NET 2.0. Any app developed in .NET 2.0 must have .NET 2.0 framework or higher installed on the machine to run it
    Saturday, November 4, 2006 3:09 PM
  • The problem remains.I'm getting crazy. The app runs only in the computer where is created. We tried in 2 other computers. Are there any project properties that i must set correctly?
    Wednesday, November 8, 2006 7:07 AM
  • When creating VC++ apps you likely need to redistribute the c/c++ runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

--
    SvenC

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 8:45 AM
  • Still remains the problem. i dont know if i must remove net1.1 and keep only 2.0
    Wednesday, November 8, 2006 9:31 AM
  • Hello All.

nikos_22:

My suggestion would be to build the app at the office, and then save a copy of the app.config file for comparison with the app.config file that results when you rebuild the app at home.  See what the differences are, and that will give you better information for deciding how to fix it.

HTH.

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 12:38 PM