locked
Possible bug with WindowsAzure.Storage 6.0.0 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I haven't totally run this fully out, but it seems that when there is a number at the end of my storage account name (i.e. mydemostorage01) on the 6.0.0 version, calls to blob storage fail. 

    I did not experience this issue when there storage account name was fully alphabetical without numbers.  I have not tried it extensively with multiple storage accounts however.

    This is using newly created storage account (not classic storage accounts).  No changes to account name or access key between running unit tests.

    Fiddler intercept reveals:

    ----

    Request with version 5.0.2.0:

    HEAD https://xxxxxxxx01.blob.core.windows.net/b0764882-2d09-432f-b46e-4a5514adabc8?restype=container HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: WA-Storage/5.0.2 (.NET CLR 4.0.30319.42000; Win32NT 6.2.9200.0)
    x-ms-version: 2015-02-21
    x-ms-client-request-id: 60382ca0-7c51-489b-b72a-a99e7be94402
    x-ms-date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 00:30:51 GMT
    Authorization: SharedKey xxxxxxxx01:[omitted]
    Host: HEAD https://xxxxxxxx01.blob.core.windows.net/b0764882-2d09-432f-b46e-4a5514adabc8?restype=container HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: WA-Storage/5.0.2 (.NET CLR 4.0.30319.42000; Win32NT 6.2.9200.0)
    x-ms-version: 2015-02-21
    x-ms-client-request-id: 60382ca0-7c51-489b-b72a-a99e7be94402
    x-ms-date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 00:30:51 GMT
    Authorization: SharedKey xxxxxxxx01:[omitted]
    Host: xxxxxxxx01.blob.core.windows.net

    Responds:

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Last-Modified: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 00:22:57 GMT
    ETag: "0x8D2CABF9F864308"
    Server: Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
    x-ms-request-id: 4a786e4c-0001-0128-06a9-fc576f000000
    x-ms-version: 2015-02-21
    x-ms-lease-status: unlocked
    x-ms-lease-state: available
    Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 00:30:51 GMT

    Request with version 6.0.0.0:

    HEAD https://xxxxxxx01.blob.core.windows.net/b0764882-2d09-432f-b46e-4a5514adabc8?restype=container HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: WA-Storage/6.0.0 (.NET CLR 4.0.30319.42000; Win32NT 6.2.9200.0)
    x-ms-version: 2015-04-05
    x-ms-client-request-id: e84b3ffe-dddb-4b1a-b50f-bf3e01e9b88b
    x-ms-date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 00:37:56 GMT
    Authorization: SharedKey xxxxxxx01:[omitted]
    Host: xxxxxxx01.blob.core.windows.net

    Responds:

    HTTP/1.1 400 The value for one of the HTTP headers is not in the correct format.
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
    x-ms-request-id: 3146c79f-0001-000a-72aa-fc7f0c000000
    Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 00:37:55 GMT



    • Edited by John Fager (JFM) Friday, October 2, 2015 12:50 AM Added did not fail info
    Friday, October 2, 2015 12:41 AM

Answers

  • I really can't say what this issue was, except to say that it existed for a couple of months.  I don't know what combination of issues caused it, but I suspect that it was a server side issue of some sort as it resolved. It is very troubling that it happened.  It has certainly taught me caution and unit testing when working with the Azure SDK.

    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:02 PM

All replies

  • Hi John,

    We will work on this and get back to you at the earliest with the suggestions.

    Girish Prajwal

    Friday, October 2, 2015 5:55 PM
  • please check HTTP header  'Transfer-Encoding: chunked' is supported.
    Friday, October 9, 2015 5:54 AM
  • Well, I guess the main issue is that this being run through Microsoft's Azure Storage SDK, so if it's a bug in the header, they need to fix how they are building their request in the SDK?

    Should I open this on GitHub or something?

    Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:36 PM
  • Hi John,

    Are you using the REST API or one of the storage client libraries? I created a new storage account (ARM version) called msdntest01.

    Using the .NET storage client library, I created a container in that storage account and uploaded blobs into the container successfully.

    Using REST, I listed the blobs in the container successfully.

    What is it you are trying to do, and could you post your code here? I don't see a problem with using a storage account name that ends in a numeric.

    Robin

    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 11:31 PM
  • Hi John, please let us know if this is still an issue. Robin seems to not have any problems with creating an account with a number at the end.
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 6:25 PM
  • I really can't say what this issue was, except to say that it existed for a couple of months.  I don't know what combination of issues caused it, but I suspect that it was a server side issue of some sort as it resolved. It is very troubling that it happened.  It has certainly taught me caution and unit testing when working with the Azure SDK.

    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:02 PM