none
Outlook 2016 Rules and Scripts RRS feed

• Question

• Need to create a rule for email messages that contain "New Hire" in the subject field coming from a certain person but not replying to the person that sent the email but rather to the email addresses (which are different) contained in the body of the email. The new email must be sent out using a template. I need to know if this is possible as we receive emails from an admin containing new hire data and we need to send out welcome packets as emails to these new hires. Would be great if this could be processed automatically via rules and scripts being used in Outlook 2016.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You could create a rule when email arrives and run a script to parse the mailbody to retrieve the email address and then send a new mailitem which created from template.

You could visit the following links to get more detail information.

How to create a script for the Rules Wizard in Outlook

MailItem.Body Property (Outlook)

Chapter 17: Working with Item Bodies

Application.CreateItemFromTemplate Method (Outlook)

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 16, 2017 4:12 AM
  • Thank you, I will look into these suggestions.
    Monday, June 19, 2017 2:09 PM
  • Thank you, I will look into these suggestions.

Hello,

If your issue has been resolved, you could mark helpful post or your post or share the solution here and close the thread.

If you have any issues when creating the script, please feel free to post threads.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:48 AM