none
Certain USB mass storage device doesn't mounts at power on in our WIN CE 7 enabled device, how to mount it without reinserting the drive RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

We are facing an issue with certain types of pen drives which are not being recognized (not mounted) at power on in our Win CE 7.0 based device, but after OS is booted completely if we unplug and plug in same pen drive then it will be mounted perfectly.

I would like to un mount and  mount this pen drive after OS is booted through a test application with out physically reinserting the pen drive? (like virtual plug in and this could solve my problem).

I have APIs available to do this for SD card based file system but not able to find the same for USB based mass storage device.

I thought of using dismount partition and mount partition APIs but they won't be useful as file system is not at all mounted on first power on. I tried to debug and found its calling Attachdevice() function on power on also, but somehow failing to mount the file system. what could be the reason for it?

Thanks,

Rambabu 

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Rambabu,

Just a thought, if you have control over VBUS, you can try switching off and switching on using an application.

Regards,

GSR

Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:42 AM