Minor random lag/stutter when drawing a Path

General discussion

• My app is, it seems randomly, lagging or stuttering when drawing paths.  When drawing a path it seems to be in 10 second intervals after it happens and it continues to happen every 10 seconds or so if the path is continues to be drawn.  Now this path is being drawing by Pointer_Moved (C# Side) and what it does is it seems to sort of skip a few Pointer_Moved events or something.  This section of the path becomes a straight line between the last two points and really doesn't make my app work well. 

I want to release this app but must solve this problem.  Anyone have any insight on why this is happening.  Also I have checked there are no timers running or anything.  Could it be allocating memory or something for the Geometry sink or possibly is there a background process running in apps that I need to shut down.  This project is c# with my own c++ DirectX graphics engine component.

This happens on systems tested Surface RT to high end development PC.

Thanks in advance!

SB Software Developer

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would like to change this thread type as discussion, because I think there may be no exact answer for this question.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:06 AM