Power BI Free Installation (Power BI Service) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm taking a class on Power BI, taught by Microsoft, through edX.org, and we have a class forum, but I can't get any of the Instructors to answer this question. I can see that many students in past classes have experienced the same problem, yet there's no history of an answer. However, I did see 2 answers on the regular Power BI Community, which were that eventually Microsoft Techs fixed it behind the scenes for 2 different people on the Community site. So I'm hoping you can do the same for me. I am in the Power BI Service version on the Dashboard, and I installed the Personal Gateway, and it was successful. However, I'm getting a pop up message that the system can't refresh until I edit credentials. When I click the button to edit credentials, it keeps loading...that's all. My data is in the correct folder as instructed by my teachers, which is Windows c: DAT207x. I'm a week behind in my class because I can't get this to work. Also, on the Dashboard, when I go to Settings| Dataset and input a Q&A, there's no Pin button to pin it to. Maybe the edit credentials situation is causing this? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks you,

Friday, May 5, 2017 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Glynda,

Are you a free use for Power BI? From what I know, the personal gateway is only available with Power BI Pro. As a service, it runs using a Windows account you  specify during configuration. So you must edit the credentials if you want to load data through it.

In addition, the personal gateway is supported only on 64-bit Windows operating systems. Please check your type computer. More details about personal gateway for Power BI, please review this article.

Please feel free to ask if you have other problem.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sunday, May 7, 2017 7:02 AM